Top 10 from Art Toronto 2013
Whatever & Full Disclosure:
1. I wasn't paid to write this for anyone & I'm cool with it.
2. My art dealer gave me free comps to get into the fair. It's a drag I do not write more about artists who show here for fear of being bias or worse nepotism; yet I'm not a critic and I do believe in the work autonomous of my affiliations. In another instance, I've listed an artist who snubbed me at the fair (hey no worries or hard feelings ~ I've been there) so I think I can be pretty neutral in my aesthetic judgements and separate them from social contexts.
3. I didn't buy anything because I really can't afford anything here accept books from ART Metropole; however this would induce an addiction far more troubling than Pinterest so I'm not taking it on.
4. In most instances I asked permission to take these pics until I realized the question itself was more annoying.
5. I'm not promoting cell phone art collecting; yet, hey, it sure works for me.
6. Absences from several Tecumseth surrounding galleries were greatly missed.
7. Awesome to see so many friends in real life rather than on FB. Wow, we really are friends after all. Who would have guessed.
8. Always a little crescent of melancholy reminiscent of my comic book connoisseur days, did not end well when my best mags were pillaged by a relative forcing me to sell the remainders at a bulk discount.
9. I really wish I could afford to buy art. In the words of a wealthy collector acquaintance: "A grand is a lot of coin!".
10. I am grateful for the great conversations. This list is absolutely in no particular order.
1. Anything from p|m Gallery, particularly Ana Kubis: (*see #2 above)
4. Anything from Rumi Galleries, especially William Ronald:
8. Anything featuring or by Andy Warhol by anyone: (actually I was rehearsing my Halloween costume here)